Thursday, July 31, 2008

Preliminaries

This blog will be the spot where I document my travels through Living Routes. I will be traveling to Findhorn in Scotland(8/28-12/07) and Auroville in India(1/23-5/2). During these journeys I will be studying sustainable living, community and much more.

My fall schedule will look somewhat like this(I won't get a finalized copy until I get there):

Week 1
• Introduction to the Findhorn Ecovillage and community life
Week 2:
• Academic and cultural orientation
• Introduction to holistic learning & assesment
• Identify learning goals and learning contract
• Local field trips and campus and community tours
Weeks 3 - 5:
• Classes, tutorials and self-directed research
• Community gatherings, events, and group check-ins
Week 6
• Field Study on Erraid Island
• Practicum and seminars on social, cultural and environmental dimensions of sustainability
Weeks 7 - 13:
• Classes, tutorials and self-directed research
• Community gatherings, events, and group check-ins
Week 14:
• Synthesis of learnings, assessments and Learning Contract presentations

I hope to hear comments and questions from my readers as the year progresses.

More soon....

3 comments:

kc said...

Yay, yahoo and woowee!!!

Chris said...

Looks to be a busy schedule, girl. Enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Really enjoying reading your wonderful posts, and loved the photos - the beach looks incredible, loved the windmills, dunes and forests - magical place indeed. You sound so comfortable and in your element Abbi - it's making me smile! lots of love, Helen