We intend to empower and support ourselves and our groups to be powerful, effective, loving and secure agents for change in relation to (each of the four courses).
I am in the Creative Expression group. I chose this course to focus on because it is the hardest for me to integrate into the "Human Challenge of Sustainability." I strive to bring creative expression to the forefront of my daily life, or at least put it on the same level as the other things I do in my day. And recognize the vastness of creativity and creative expression.
The game works by rolling a die to gain insight, deal with setbacks and try to make it towards enlightenment. It is a very personal game and involves putting ourselves out in the group for support and to work through issues facing us as we work towards our goals.
The game has certainly been a challenge for our group 1. with the angel of obedience guiding us through the overall structure and 2. with rules that have not been fully explained to us and general confusion about what we are "allowed" and "not allowed" to do. We finished game play at this point and are on to completion. I feel that although a lot happened in the game it has not directly related to our purpose most of the time. It's hard for me to feel accomplished really at this point, although there is still completion ahead. There was a lot of passive aggressive energy in the room from our side and the focalizers' side. This came out in a confrontation between my team and the leaders of the group, and I do not think was fully addressed. There was a lot of pressure to move on with the game when we were trying to process things.
However, overall today I felt good about the game as opposed to last night when I didn't feel fully supported by the group and like few of us were really interested in what was happening and where we were. Today I feel like we "brought it" and really participated and used the game to meet our needs. I think we could have gone deeper and I felt like there wasn't enough time--to go deeper, to go as far as I wanted to within this mirrored path.
I'm interested to see how completion will affect our perceptions of what happened in the circle and our purpose.
----
Post completion: I don't think I want to write any more about this here. I am finding myself getting a lot out of the game and that it is something I need to journal in my personal journal and process internally before I post it in such a public place.
I would love to talk about it in person so ask me if you're interested.
xAbbi

No comments:
Post a Comment