Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's the Final Countdown

The past two weeks have been our last two academic weeks and also the time that all of our projects are due. Everything is in except our portfolios for Deborah. We have our art show this Sunday.

Between papers and portfolios and presentations, we have kept quite busy. Our last two classes with Jonathan looked at eco-housing and our next steps. In Worldviews, we did a colloquium on a Joanna Macy article on climate change and then in the final class looked at our evolving worldviews. Mary's last class was a day led by us, each pair or single leading an activity and theoretical discussion around something we either did in class or related to class. I worked with Ina and we played Communication Breakdown and figured out the steps to put on a jacket. Then we talked about how important clear, precise communication is. We make so many assumptions in our interactions and we need to remember that everyone is coming from their own place and your own assumptions may not be true for the other person or people.

The work is finishing trickling in to teachers and I am now left with a bit of "now what do I fill my time with?" I've been knitting again and took a book out of the library to read. I haven't gotten very far, but I have high hopes for the next week.

This Thursday was Thanksgiving. We did a potluck dinner which the college played for. As well as our group, a few community members joined us. It was a raucous and amazingly fun time. We played Egyptian Rat Screw and Spoons and Jonathan tried to teach us a game he learned at Damanhur, but he couldn't remember all the rules. We're hoping to play this coming week after he consults them. It was a thoroughly lovely time.

This morning we had our final open sharing. There was a lot of talk about going home and how we feel about that. Personally, I'm fairly torn between not being able to believe that it's already the end and so excited to come home and see everyone and start working on projects. I'll miss it here, but I'll be glad to be home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you taught them the cups rhythm game that we learned from the Lesley and Allshouse families?

There must be a lot of mixed feelings right now. Persevere, m'dear!
kc